Rule of Thumb | Tic-Tac-Toe Remix
Updated: Sep 19, 2018
Rule of Thumb is a loose, loose remix of the classic paper-pencil game: Tic-Tac-Toe. While Tic-Tac-Toe focuses on getting three X's or O's in a row, Rule of Thumb focuses on drawing triangles, and being the last one standing. This concept was invented in 10 minutes during ACGG's Game Remix event.
Writing Equipment/and or blood
1. To start the game, both players compare their thumb sizes. The one with the largest thumb goes first.
2. The player who goes second draws a square box on the paper, this is now the play area of the game.
3. The player who is going first draws a legal triangle (see definition below) in the box
4. The second player draws another legal triangle off of any side the first legal triangle that was drawn.
5. Each turn rotates in this fashion, drawing another legal triangle of the side of an existing legal triangle.
6. The player who draws the final legal triangle wins the game.
If two thumbs are the same size, the player who is older goes first. If both players are the same age and have the same thumb size, the taller one goes first. If both players are the same height, same age, and same thumb size, the one with the highest eye color priority goes first (see definition below). If both players have the same eye color, same height, same age, and same thumb size, then this game isn't for you.
You may only draw a legal triangle off of an existing legal triangles edge. You may not draw a legal triangle off of another legal triangles point. You can however, use the edges of the play area as one of your triangles edges.
Legal Triangle: A three edge shape of any size and angel, all three edges must come together to form a triangle. (See Image above for reference)
Eye Color Priority: Blue eyes have highest priority, Green eyes have medium priority, Brown eyes have low priority. Note: Hazel or any other in-between states automatically get highest priority. Credits: Emilee Kaminski